Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June 8 (Class #5)

Tonight’s in class assignment was great! I really enjoyed the situations and how we were to decide if they were ethical or unethical. One particular situation was the student intern calling a similar public relations firm, telling them you are a student working on a class project, and you were trying to collect information about the kinds of services they offer clients. In my line of work we would call this competitor shopping to make sure we are on the same level or even better than our competition. In my opinion I felt this situation was ethical because competition keeps prices down for all consumers. The other part of class that I enjoyed was the presentation on satellite media tour, and how effective it is in the public relations arena. The source was very knowledgeable and was able to customize the broadcast to each market he was talking to. Over the past few days I have been watching different media outlets to find a real life example, but have not been able to find any on the news stations that I watch. I feel that we all could use the ethic values in public relations in our everyday life to keep the playing field even for all organizations.

No comments:

Post a Comment