Thursday, May 26, 2011

May 25, 2011

I have written many press releases during my time as an undergrad student and in my professional career, some have been published and other have not. I could never figure out why some never made it to print and this class time gave me an idea. I’m sure that on some the releases I didn’t use the inverted pyramid to get my point across, and I’m guessing the editor of the paper decided (he/she) has read enough and tossed the release. I liked how Dr. Cannon said when writing a press release you have to B.S in it, at first I thought he meant Bull$hit, but the true meaning was BE SPECIFIC! Not having taken the research class yet I found the types of research to be helpful, I read chapter 3 and it clearly defined the types of research and what each one is used for. I think this will be helpful in my current job because we do conduct customer service surveys to see how our employees are doing with patients. Currently we are using telephone calls to ask patients questions on their service, I feel they are too long and will suggest a combination of a telephone calls and mail in surveys. Hopefully my suggestions will be used in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment