Thursday, May 26, 2011

May 23, 2011

As an experienced Marketing Manager, I found our first class to be very interesting. I didn’t realize the vast difference between marketing vs. public relations. My reason behind that is as a marketing manager I do both of these on a regular basis. I enjoyed how we were able to talk about what public relations is and how public opinion can effect an organization. I thought that public opinion would be marketing issues but after this session I see that it’s not. During my day I deal with several customer service issues and will be consulting our PR dept to help with these rather than trying to handle them on my own. I did find another part of our class interesting and that was key ways to effective persuasion, this is going to help me in my everyday life, during my day I market to Doctor offices and try to “persuade” them to send us their imaging studies over my competition, the tips we talked about will give me another tool in my bag.

Currently, I’m not sure if I would enjoy a position in just Public Relations within a college or University setting, but I guess time will tell and I may change my mind before the end of the 5 weeks, only time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment